Sunday, April 1, 2007

A First Haircut Has To Happen Sometime!

I'm not really sure how many times I said, "Be careful with the silly putty...I don't want it making a mess!" However, I know for a fact that the statement, "Do NOT put that in your hair!" came out of my mouth at least 3 times.

But, I was distracted, trying to watch something on tv (General Conference, no less!), and I didn't actually reach out and TAKE the silly putty away from her.

So, who's really to blame for the blue silly putty in the blonde hair?

A first haircut has to come sometime...I guess.

The older kids thought the situation was rather humorous, until they were reminded that putting silly putty in her hair was simply a bad decision made by their 3 year-old sister.

It was a bad decision...and we are all guilty of making bad decisions.

For example: sticking a green bead -- the perfect size of the little hole in his 6 year-old ear...not a great decision.

Nor was it a good decision to stick his head between both wooden slats of the bunk bed. (The same 6 year old did not like reliving the memory of his vaseline-greased head being shoved back through the boards!)

It was also not a good decision for the 7 year old to stick the dog's choke chain around her neck.





Ahh...Life with children.
No matter how you look at it, it was not a good decision to put silly putty in hair.
But...a first haircut has to happen sometime, right?

No comments: